Friday, March 20, 2009


So we had a long and final Field Training Exercise to complete IBOLC. These are the three "old guys" from our platoon Roseberger, Vaughn and Shandy. They are the model that no matter how old, you can still act like you are seven and put on face paint and act goofy.

Of course when we are out in the field it decides to snow. In Georgia. It never snows in GA. Of course it put everything in a tailspin. We eventually had to be evacuated for a day so the snow could blow over. The important thing is we attempted to complete a 10,000 point game of rummy. We only got to 7,800 pts.

So we finally graduated. This is my good buddy Drew Sorge before the graduation ceremony.

Dad, Cordy, and Vince came down to see the graduation. Unfortunately, my name was the only one skipped as I walked across the stage. No harm no foul however, because no one was filming.
In celebration I headed up to Raleigh to celebrate St. Patties. Despite heavy rain all weekend, I got to have the best weekend of fake golf, ACC tourney, and a night on the town. The only thing I have to look forward to is Ranger school starting this Sunday. See you in 2 months!

No comments: